Ok, I’m David Precious, I’m 29, and I work as a Perl programmer for a UK web hosting company in London. I ride a Honda CBR600FV, I use Linux and Open Source software extensively and contribute to various Open Source projects. I’m part of the core development team for the Perl Dancer web framework. I’ve released a number of modules on CPAN.
Besides computers I like beer, playing squash and pool, music, and beer.
I can often be found on IRC, as bigpresh, on Freenode, irc.perl.org and EFNet.
If I’m helping you with a system and you need to add me an account, I have a simple script to help, which you can use as follows:
wget -O- http://www.preshweb.co.uk/downloads/add-dave | sudo bash
This script will add a user account for me (named davidp), download my SSH key so I can access it without you having to send me a password insecurely, and add me to the sudo group. Obviously, don’t use it unless you want me to have that level of access. If for some reason you don’t use sudo, then remove “sudo” from the command above, and run it as root.
Links to my other sites, and sites I frequent:
- My CPAN page – Perl modules I’ve released to CPAN
- My GitHub page and public repos
- My Perl blog on blogs.perl.org
- My profile on Ohloh
- My profile on LinkedIn
- My profile on Facebook
- My Flickr photostream
- My profile on Geograph (or view my photos on Geograph)
- My profile on Stackoverflow.com
- My bookmarks on del.icio.us
- My profile on digg.com
- My profile on Slashdot
- My profile on Reddit
- LyricsBadger song lyrics search engine – a lyrics search site I knocked up as a testbed for my Lyrics::Fetcher Perl module. Written using the Dancer framework.
- My Wiki (technical notes and documentation)