Okay, I came across this site the other day: http://www.netauthority.org/
They describe themselves as:
The Net Authority is an organization dedicated to the removal of offensive material from the Internet. The online world is teeming with pornography, depravity, blasphemy, and all kinds of hate propaganda. It is our mission to define a set of guidelines to which all information posted on the Internet must adhere, and to hold responsible those who would knowingly break those guidelines.
Erm, who the fuck do they think they are? “To hold responsible those who would knowingly break those guidelines? What the hell do you think you’re going to do about it? You’ve made up your own set of arbitrary guidelines, and want to threaten to somehow punish people who don’t abide by them?
It must be nice up there on that little cloud in cuckoo-land. To the rest of us real-world Internet users however, you’re fighting a losing battle.
Their “AUP” basically boils down to:
- “You must not post pornographic material” (there goes 95% of the web then)
- “You must not post hateful material” (hmm, probably the most reasonable one)
- “Thou shalt not post blasphemous material.” …. “Any material that would lead one astray from the righteous path of the one true God must not be permitted on the Internet”. What a crock of s**t. I’ve been raised as a Catholic, but I have no problem with any other religions discussing their beliefs online – basic freedom of speech!
- “Thou shalt not post materials of an offensive political nature” – what? Who determines whether it’s offensive?
- “Thou shalt not post materials concerning bestiality, including interracial relationships.” … “God did not intend for different species or races to intermingle sexually. Any content that contradicts this natural law, directly or indirectly, is strictly forbidden.”. Hmm.